Email firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Twitter & Instagram @SOMAStrategies,
Because a successful presence on social doesn’t require a large agency. Making a digital imprint that resonates with your key audience requires creativity, strategic thinking, a little sparkle and experience in the digital space.
A female-owned boutique agency based in Washington, DC, the SOMA model is successful because it relies on partnering with the right experts to build measurable client outcomes. Founder, Monica Gallagher Sakala, has 20 years experience working on beltway public affairs and public relations campaigns and an M.S. in Integrated Marketing Communications from Northwestern University. She initiated the first blogging advertising paid campaign by any DC-based trade association way back in 2004 and adopted Twitter as a communications tool before most people inside the beltway even knew the word “tweet.”
Sakala authored her first blog in 2004, mainly commenting on Hillary Clinton’s pant suits. Eventually her dabbling in blogging evolved into a widely read parenting blog, contributions to Washingtonian Magazine, Huffington Post and HuffPost LIVE. With her daily presence on social media and blogging, coupled with her extensive public affairs experience, Sakala knows how to build and develop strategic and successful digital communications campaigns. She lives the art and science of social media every day.
SOMA IN THE NEWS
- New York Times interview on corporate reputations, the power of social media and the role of a meme in crisis: May 1, 2017
- CNN interview with Kelly Wallace
- PR Daily overview of winning Social Media campaign
- 2017 Finalist for the Shorty Awards in "Family and Parenting"
- 2016 Winner for Ad Age's Healthcare IMPACT Awards in "Social Media Campaign"
- 2016 Winner for PR Daily's Corporate Social Responsibility Awards in "Social Media"
- 2016 PR News' Platinum Awards Winner in "Public Affairs Campaign"
- 2016 PR News' Platinum Awards Finalist in "Influencer Communications," "Public Affairs" & "Social Media Campaign"
- “Social Media Team of the Year” in partnership with client Consumer Healthcare Products Association for the 2015 Social Media Icon Awards for PR News.
- Innovative campaign #HolidayResponsibly nominated as “Best Facebook PR Campaign” with client Responsibility.org for the 2015 Social Media Icon Awards for PR News.
- “Influencer Communications” finalist for the #TalkEarly program in the PR News Platinum Awards, August 2014.
WHAT’S IN A NAME?
SOMA – a hybrid of two kinds. First and more importantly, it’s a combination of founder Sakala’s two daughter’s names. Second, it is a hybrid of “social maven” – which is what SOMA brings to the table. It also, unrelated, means the drink of the Gods. #LearnSomethingNewEveryDay